Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Vaccination Requirement: The UFCW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, consistent with applicable law.
The United Food Commercial Workers International Union, (UFCW) a powerful voice for working men and women, is seeking an Applications Support Specialist to support software applications used by UFCW staff. Software applications support UFCW staff comprises the majority of the job. This position is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the end user community related to software programs and applications. Applications are both homegrown and acquired.
- Provides first line of help desk support.
- Provides end user software training and works with end users to analyze problems, improve operations.
- Assists in the testing of new software releases.
- Installs software packages and updates.
- Interfaces with developers and other IT staff when software bugs are found, or new enhancements identified.
- Creates end user reports using various report writers and SQL reporting services.
- Follows departmental standards and assist in preparing and updating documentation.
- Participates in continuous learning is a must.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, in the UFCW’s discretion. UFCW employees function as a team and, occasionally, and on a temporary basis, employees may be required to perform tasks usually performed by others. This might occur if a team member is absent or unavailable to complete a project and the team is responsible for the deadline. Because employees are required to work as a team, you are required to step up and fill in for a team member who is absent or needs assistance from time to time.
Minimum 3 years help desk/computer trouble shooting environment experience or related Bachelor’s degree. A background in teaching/training preferred. Proficient in the latest Windows software. Experience with report writer software packages is a plus, but not required. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Access and Word. Strong written & oral communication skills required. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work with limited supervision. Travel is required.
The UFCW provides a very generous benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage
- Life insurance provided with ability to purchase supplemental life insurance at favorable rates
- Retirement Savings Account
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Pension plan
- Dependent care reimbursement account program
- Health care reimbursement account program
- Transportation program benefits
Three weeks of paid vacation, 12 days of paid short-term sick leave, Extended Sick Leave program, paid parental leave.
To apply submit cover letter and resume: http://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/71191129
The UFCW represents more than 1.3 million workers. Its members are employed principally in retail food; meatpacking; manufacturing, poultry and food processing; department and drug store, garment and textile, distillery, chemical, health care, and insurance industries. For more information, please visit www.ufcw.org.
UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the state and federal laws.