Location: Washington DC Headquarters
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Vaccination Requirement: The UFCW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, consistent with applicable law.
Whether it is designing beautiful user experiences, ensuring website content is optimized for organic search, or developing user research and usability testing, this position is for someone who creates satisfying or compelling experiences for our members.
Using an eye for innovative design — the Web/Digital Content Lead is interested in setting and consistently raising the standard for excellent and immersive website products in union organizing. They will create and develop visual branding and storytelling across multiple platforms, using both UX and graphic design principles to inform and engage our target audiences.
We are looking for creative, collaborative self-starters with a strong visual and user experience design background who keeps up with digital trends and are experienced in creating effective visual experiences for websites and other digital media properties for nonprofits, companies, or political campaigns. Compassion for others and a commitment to supporting working people struggling to have a better life are musts for this position. The Web/Digital Content Lead will also elevate and express UFCW’s position, values, and represent our membership through branded content and digital experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and updates UFCW’s websites including new pages, blogs, forms, and other digital products.
- Regularly audits website and internal analytics to identify and address where functionality, navigation, design, and content updates are necessary while keeping up with evolving web standards and web practices.
- Monitors, manages, and makes upgrades to the websites’ technical requirements and ensures the website has updated and secure technology.
- Manages relationships with third-party vendors, such as web developers, design firms, and web hosting services.
- Works with internal teams develop and/or maintain SEO standards and best practices.
- Analyzes user feedback and activity via analytics and makes recommendations on improvements to user experience.
- Implements tracking and remarketing codes for analytics and dynamic content purposes.
- Understands WordPress and can work within that environment fluently.
- Assists local unions with websites and digital product integrations.
- Executes visual and UX design templates for UFCW websites ensuring all content adheres to UFCW brand guidelines and standards.
- Work requires limited travel and/or occasional irregular or unpredictable hours.
Education And/Or Experience
At least five years’ experience in website management supporting the maintenance, operations, and enhancement of a WordPress websites. Experience working in a fast-paced environment with quick turn arounds. Be a problem-solver with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under deadlines.
The UFCW provides a very generous benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage.
- Life insurance provided with ability to purchase supplemental life insurance at favorable rates.
- Retirement Savings Account.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Pension plan.
- Dependent care reimbursement account program.
- Health care reimbursement account program.
- Transportation program benefits.
- Three weeks of paid vacation, 12 days of paid short-term sick leave, Extended Sick Leave program, paid parental leave.
- Prepaid Legal Plan (for DC/MD/VA only).
How To Apply
To apply submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to: http://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/64503258
UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).