Location: Washington DC Headquarters
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Vaccination Requirement: The UFCW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, consistent with applicable law.
The team seeks an enthusiastic Digital Ads Specialist to accelerate UFCW’s organizing communications with workers–online and in the field–through creative paid marketing campaigns. This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to take the lead in building our union’s digital marketing program and developing online strategy to reach potential members. The right candidate will have the technical skillset to optimize multiple paid ad campaigns in real time, the ingenuity to design cutting-edge experiments, and the communication skills to report back successfully on both. The ideal candidate will possess relentless curiosity and a dogged persistence for learning and improving. Compassion for others and a commitment to supporting working people struggling to have a better life are musts.
The Digital Ads Specialist will work in our Washington, DC office. Work requires limited travel and/or irregular or unpredictable hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Create omni-channel ad campaigns to engage workers online: Take ownership of paid’s role in the overall digital organizing strategy by: joining intra- and inter-department strategy and planning meetings, managing ad budgets, negotiating terms with advertising vendors, and using self-managed platforms to build and monitor programmatic digital buys in display and video.
- Optimize ad performance: Manage all facets of ongoing ad campaigns to increase UFCW’s digital engagement and influence, including A/B testing ad creatives, setting up audiences, keyword research, and optimizing for conversions and KPIs. Troubleshoot delivery and ensure that tracking tags and pixels are implemented properly; resolve tracking/reporting discrepancies with data analytics team.
- Produce actionable, data-driven reporting: In conjunction with data analytics team and vendors, analyze UFCW ad campaign data to provide real-time recommendations, including daily report monitoring and retroactive digital advertising audits. Articulate digital ad spend decisions and utilize audience analytics and social listening to inform both paid ads and broader content strategy.
- Track industry best practices: Stay up-to-date with paid marketing trends, engagement best practices, and potential new channels and strategies in paid search, display, social marketing, and programmatic media buying.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, in the UFCW’s discretion. UFCW employees function as a team and, occasionally, and on a temporary basis, employees may be required to perform tasks usually performed by others. This might occur if a team member is absent or unavailable to complete a project and the team is responsible for the deadline. Because employees are required to work as a team, you are required to step up and fill in for a team member who is absent or needs assistance from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Relevant work experience in digital media buying, strategic communications, or issue, political or labor organizing.
- Experience in demand side platforms and social media ad buying interface
- Fluency in social media performance metrics and Facebook Insights and Ads Manager
- Knowledge of retargeting/remarketing, display, and rich media/video advertising
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions in real time in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to manage workflow independently as well as collaboratively
- Digital agency experience
- Google Ads account management experience and certification
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, Tag Manager and other related tools
- Knowledge of SEO, online search mediums and social media and an understanding of how all these channels work together with advertising
- Demonstrated experience using social media in advocacy campaigns and to increase an organization’s reach, relevance, and influence
- Comfort with SMS, Hustle, Facebook messenger, Instagram, and other digital media
- Experience working in a retail environment
Experience working in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds. Be a problem-solver with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under deadlines. Work requires limited travel and/or occasional irregular or unpredictable hours.
The work is performed in a normal office environment or may be performed at various designated work locations throughout the United States or Canada. Attendance at rallies, meetings or events off-site and outside of normal working hours may be required. The noise level in a normal office environment is moderate.
This position involves, but is not limited to, written and oral communications skills, use of computer keyboard, close vision, color vision, sitting for long periods, stooping, bending and reaching.
The UFCW provides a very generous benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage.
- Life insurance provided with ability to purchase supplemental life insurance at favorable rates.
- Retirement Savings Account.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Pension plan.
- Dependent care reimbursement account program.
- Health care reimbursement account program.
- Transportation program benefits.
- Three weeks of paid vacation, 12 days of paid short-term sick leave, Extended Sick Leave program, paid parental leave.
- Prepaid Legal Plan (for DC/MD/VA only).
To apply submit cover letter, resume to: Digital Ads Specialist – Job at UFCW in Washington, DC (localjobnetwork.com)