Location: Washington DC Headquarters
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
The 1.3-million-member United Food Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW), a powerful voice for working men and women, is seeking a Record Secretary that will be responsible for the administrative and accounting support the International provides to local unions for financial assistance and picketing programs. The Record Secretary processes the payments and maintains the records of financial transactions relating to expense reports for field staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and maintains the accuracy and integrity of the financial assistance, strike and picketing programs by processing reports, generating payments, processing requests for new programs, renewing existing programs and updating system records as necessary.
- Monitors the accuracy and integrity of expense information in line with UFCW policy and collective bargaining agreements by verifying, adjusting and processing the expense reports from U.S. field personnel through the Concur SAP Expense Management System and borrowed personnel through the Solomon system.
- Prepares approval letters/forms under the President’s signature for financial assistance and picketing programs.
- Receives, verifies, and processes strike reports for payment, and updates system records.
- Provides coverage for the Organizing Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of two years of progressive accounting experience is required. Ability to maintain confidentiality of UFCW records and financial information. Familiarity or experience with the facets of the UFCW Financial Management System in order to process a large volume of transactions in a deadline-slated environment desirable.
- Knowledge of UFCW field expense procedures and policies and collective bargaining agreements desirable.
- Input ability of 45 words per minute.
- Experience in or aptitude for spreadsheet software and working in a database systems environment.
- Ability to communicate and interact with representatives of other departments, field and local union personnel.
- Demonstrated analytical and mathematical abilities.
- Must be able to multi-task and determine priorities independently.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, three professional references to: http://www.dcjobs.com/j/60034822
*Skills assessments with passing scores are required as part of our pre-employment process.*
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
UFCW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply. UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).