Union grocery workers continue to get the extra pay and health benefits they’ve earned during COVID-19. Here’s the latest from our grocery negotiations:
- All grocery workers will start receiving an extra $2.50 per hour, retroactive to March 8, for all hours worked up to 40 hours per week.
- Anyone working beyond 40 hours per week will earn an extra $3.50 per hour for all hours worked over 40 hours per week.
- All hourly team members in stores, pharmacy, supply chain, and manufacturing will be receiving a bonus of $2 per hour for hours worked paid on a weekly basis from March 22 – May 2.
Schnucks, Dierbergs Markets, and Straub’s Markets
- All co-pays for coronavirus testing will be waived.
- The companies will also maintain pay for their workers who become sick and expand access to telemedicine with zero out-of-pocket costs.
UFCW International President Marc Perrone appeared on MSNBC earlier today to talk about the importance of protecting grocery workers.
Some companies have already agreed to do the right thing and provide paid leave, emergency pay, and protective shields for all cashiers, but many are still holding out.