Did you know UFCW members make many of the ingredients that go into a tasty burrito? Mission Foods Tortillas, Hanover black beans and vegetables, and many of our favorite chicken, beef, and pork brands are all made by UFCW members around the country. Thanks, guys!
What are some of your favorite burrito fillings?
Burritos are incredibly versatile and can take you from breakfast, lunch, and dinner depending on what you put in them. Experiment with using leftovers as burrito filling to take to work the next day, or try out burritos for breakfast as a protein-packed way to get your day started on the right foot.
Want to save time in the morning? Dice your onions and green peppers the night before and store in the fridge until you need them.
Makes: 4 Servings
4 eggs (large )
1/8 cup canned corn (drained, or 2 tablespoons frozen corn)
1 tablespoon milk
1/8 cup green peppers (or about 2 tablespoons, diced)
1/4 cup onions (chopped)
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
nonstick cooking spray
4 flour tortillas (large size)
1/4 cup salsa
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend eggs, corn, milk, green peppers, onions, mustard, and garlic for 1 minute with a fork until eggs are smooth.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cook egg mixture, stirring from time to time, until eggs are firm and cooked through.
4. Wrap tortillas in a paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds until warm. Be careful when unwrapping the tortillas since they may be hot. Tortillas can also be placed in a skillet over low heat for 20-30 seconds or until warmed.
5. Spoon cooked eggs evenly into the tortillas.
6. Serve each burrito topped with 2 tablespoons of salsa.
Recipe source: https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/