On the frontlines of the pandemic.
UFCW knows how hard our members and other essential workers are working at this time to provide for their communities. To help you stay on top of the latest news on what we are doing related to the pandemic, be sure to sign up for updates below.
Also, let us know if you are experiencing any safety issues at your workplace. Fill out the confidential Report an Issue form below.
Sign Up For Coronavirus Alerts From Your UFCW Union Family
Sign up here for blast text alerts concerning CDC guidelines, health and safety measures, and other union news as it relates to the coronavirus.
Or Text “Prepared” to 83071 For Updates
Report an Issue
If you are a member with a COVID-19 concern in your workplace, please report it to us.
Many workers are experiencing similar challenges in workplaces across the country. Help us keep track of the problems you are facing so we can better work with employers to address them.
Biden Administration COVID-19 Relief Plan
On January 20, 2021, President Biden announced his COVID-19 relief plan to make critical investments in protecting and supporting America’s essential workers. Key provisions include:
- Call on CEOs to Provide Hazard Pay to Frontline Essential Workers: Biden’s plan calls on employers, especially in grocery and retail, to recognize the risks faced by their essential workers and provide retroactive and ongoing hazard pay to frontline employees.
- Create Strong National Vaccination Program: Biden’s plan invests $20 billion in a national vaccination program in partnership with states. The plan would launch community vaccination centers around the country and deploy mobile vaccination units to hard-to-reach areas. The plan ensures vaccine access is free to all in the United States.
- Establish National COVID-19 Workplace Safety Standard: Biden’s plan calls on Congress to authorize OSHA to issue a COVID-19 Protection Standard that covers a broad set of workers. Biden’s plan calls on Congress to provide additional funding for OSHA enforcement to help keep vulnerable workers healthy and safe from COVID-19.
- Scale Up COVID Testing to Stop the Spread of Virus: Biden’s plan invests $50 billion in a massive expansion of testing, providing funds for the purchase of rapid tests and support to help local governments implement regular testing protocols. Expanded testing will ensure that any American can get a test for free when they need one.
- Provide Expanded Paid Sick and Family and Medical Leave. Biden plan will provide over 14 weeks of paid sick and family and medical leave to help parents with additional caregiving responsibilities when a child or loved one’s school or care center is closed; for people who have or are caring for people with COVID-19 symptoms, or who are quarantining due to exposure; and for people needing to take time to get the vaccine.
Click here to read the full details of President Biden’s COVID relief plan.
Click here read UFCW statement on President Biden’s COVID relief plan.