The UFCW Women’s Network is now accepting applications for the 2019 Childcare Grant!
The primary purpose of the UFCW Women’s Network is to unify UFCW women through an International network. Women, who comprise more than 50% of UFCW members, represent a powerful resource for the union. The Network believes that the active participation of women in the UFCW will enhance our union’s strength at the bargaining table, in organizing campaigns, and in the political arena.
Because the majority of UFCW women are hardworking mothers, and because the UFCW Women’s Network knows how expensive childcare can be, they are offering a childcare grant to offset childcare costs for our hardworking members.
In order to be considered for a UFCW Women’s Network Region I (South) Childcare Grant, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a member of the UFCW in good standing for one (1) year,
- Have a dependent child (or children) in need of childcare,
- Parents must work outside of the home,
- Use a qualified childcare provider either licensed by the state, or on file with the IRS.
Note: Grant winners from the prior year are not eligible for the following consecutive year, but may apply in future years.
How To Apply:
Complete all sections of this application and include the following documentation with your completed application:
- Previous year’s Income Tax form (1040 Form),
- Form or document showing childcare expense paid in the previous year, if any,
- Proof of childcare expenses, which includes the caregiver’s signature on the invoice, bill or receipt.
Feel free to attach a note for any additional information that you believe would be helpful to the selection committee.
Please be aware that applications will not be processed until all necessary documentation is provided. If you have any questions, contact Mayra Valladares at 516-683-1102.
Completed applications must be mailed by October 31, 2019, to:
Local 1102 RWDSU/UFCW
311 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, New York 11797