Thank You For Your Support for Heaven Hill Distillery workers.
Update: Heaven Hill workers end 6-week strike after reaching agreement to preserve affordable healthcare and overtime pay in their new 5-year union contract. Learn details of the agreement here.
UFCW Local 23D had been in negotiations with the $500 million company for over 6 months to reach an agreement for these Kentucky workers. In July 2021, the union called for a federal mediator to join the process to help to advance talks with the company. On September 9, Heaven Hill workers voted on the company’s latest proposal and 96 percent of workers rejected the contract proposal and the strike began on September 11 at midnight. Heaven Hill workers were on strike for six weeks in the push to achieve a strong new union contract.
Key Provision of Today’s New Heaven Hill Union Contract:
- Healthcare affordability protected by maintaining industry-leading health benefits and increasing employer contribution by 4.25 percent
- Pay increase of up to $3.09 per hour over the life of the contract
- Overtime pay protected by maintaining previous number of minimum hours required
- Fair scheduling maintained with traditional 40-hour work week on Mondays through Fridays to ensure employees are not forced to work on weekends
- Vacation benefits and paid holidays increased to help workers spend more time with family
- Retirement savings strengthened by increasing 401(k) match by the company from 7 percent to 8 percent
Heaven Hill brands include:
Black Velvet Canadian Whiskey
Christian Brothers VS Brandy
Deep Eddy Vodka
Elijah Craig 12 Year Old
Evan Williams Kentucky Black
Evan Williams Single Barrel
Georgia Moon Corn Whiskey
Henry McKenna Kentucky
Old Fitzgerald Kentucky
Two Fingers Tequila
Want to learn how to start a union at your distillery?
Ready to negotiate together for bigger paychecks, stronger benefits and better lives? If you are, the steps to joining the UFCW are simple.