Location: Washington, DC / Remote
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
The Technology and Data Administrator supports UFCW’s organizing campaigns and programs with all available technology and data platforms/tools as well as offer training, guidance, solutions, and best practices to International and Local Union staff. The incumbent must be able to work with minimal supervision, supervise technology and data staff and exercise independent judgment in the prioritization of their responsibilities and their work within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coaches and trains organizing staff at all levels in the use of technology platforms including the main organizing database and other key outreach tools.
- Manages inquiries and triages requests that come from database users via email, phone, and in-product support.
- Tracks the resolution of requests on a weekly basis through in-product dashboards and reports.
- Assists in developing the in-house help site with videos, articles, and manuals designed for all user levels in the organization with a specific focus on need-to-know skills and features in user-friendly language.
- Helps drive database adoption and product roll out to organizing campaigns, programs, and Regions across the country.
- Trains Region and Local Union staff in utilizing technology tools to maximize organizing or program efforts and adopt new strategies.
- Acts as the technology and data platform point-person for staff and leadership leading designated campaigns and programs. This includes regular calls for campaign/program technology planning, training needs, and pilot experiments with new tools. It will be crucial for this person to maintain confidentiality during/after the exchange of information during the strategic planning and decision-making of these campaigns and programs.
- Works in close coordination with upper-level management and executive-level staff to evaluate usage and metrics of the data platforms and tools on assigned campaigns and programs.
- Assists in collecting product feedback from users and informing decisions regarding the product roadmap.
- Sources new tools that would be a value add to the Union’s technology stack. This includes coordinating demos of new tools, attending conferences, assessing the pros/cons of specific platforms, and interfacing with current vendors.
- Applies data best practices with accuracy and efficiency in all our technology platforms.
- Creates reports and dashboards for all users and campaigns/programs both as a standard practice and ad-hoc.
- Develops and executes advanced trainings for International and Region staff and campaign coordinators.
- Balances competing priorities and provides timely responses to inquiries.
- Mentors new staff on technology and data in organizing campaigns and other programs and becomes an advocate for a tech and data-driven culture as a key component to organizing, as well as other areas of the organization.
- Must develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization as well as representatives of external organizations and companies.
- Supervises technology and data staff in executing the above-mentioned programs.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, in the UFCW’s discretion. UFCW employees function as a team and, occasionally, and on a temporary basis, employees may be required to perform tasks usually performed by others. This might occur if a team member is absent or unavailable to complete a project and the team is responsible for the deadline. Because employees are required to work as a team, you are required to step up and fill in for a team member who is absent or needs assistance from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Management, Data Science or related field or equivalent related experience and a minimum of five (5) years of related technology and/or database management experience required. An understanding of UFCW headquarters and field structure, policies, and procedures is desirable. Experience with the labor movement is also desirable but not required.
- Advanced technical skills in popular organizing platforms and CRM’s such as Salesforce, A2P texting (Hustle, GetThru, Spoke, Phone2Action), NGP VAN, relational organizing tools, Action Network/Builder, and Microsoft Suite.
- Salesforce development experience/certification is desirable but not required.
- Ability to learn new computer technology is required.
- Interacting with software vendors in a courteous and productive manner is required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Ability to effectively present information to staff.
- Must have the ability to work with discretion and confidential information, handle sensitive situations and recognize when to refer to a higher level.
- Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment in assigning work to responsibly direct the work of, and otherwise supervise technology and data staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills (planning, managing priorities, and follow-through). Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to multi-task and demonstrate strong attention to details. Must be able to effectively mentor and coach as well as supervise newer technology and data staff. Must be self-directed.
- Must have strong analytical skills and make decisions to help users with new technology in user-friendly language.
- Work cooperatively with executive-level and upper-level management on developing and implementing data and tech driven campaigns and programs.
- Experience in curriculum and materials development. Experience in developing and delivering new methods of training including remote/web-based training.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
- Travel/long or irregular hours may be required.
- The work atmosphere is deadline oriented.
For the right candidate, remote opportunity may be available with preference given on the West Coast to assist with campaigns and programs in the PST zone.
BA or BS in related field or equivalent work experience.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, three professional references to: http://www.dcjobs.com/j/59497480
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).