Location: Michigan, Northern Ohio & Northern Indiana
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Vaccination Requirement: The UFCW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, consistent with applicable law.
The International Chemical Workers Union Council is an intermediate chartered body of the United Food & Commercial Workers International Union that fights for fairness in the workplace for our current and future members.
Servicing Representatives work throughout the country to organize new members, provide representational service to local affiliates, build public support for the union and issues important to its members, and provide training and guidance to affiliate leaders and members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Servicing Representative responsibilities vary depending on position level but generally are comprised of some or all aspects of the following duties:
- Contract negotiations – prepare for and assist local negotiating committees
- Grievance Processing and Contract Administration – provide advice and guidance on the collective bargaining process
- Arbitrations – represents locals during arbitration hearings
- Strike preparation and guidance as assigned
- Organizational campaigns as assigned
- Public outreach designed to build public support for the union and its constituencies
- Leadership development
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated interest as a union advocate and support for the labor movement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of unions and labor relations.
- Experience in all representation matters including, but not limited to, contract negotiations, grievances, organizing membership participation, and relationship-building.
- Ability to quickly assess an assignment situation and to develop, implement and modify a plan of action in concert with affiliate political leadership
- Competency in financial recordkeeping to assist locals in its legal responsibilities to properly maintain a local union treasury.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional and collegial demeanor
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Understanding of labor and industry-specific issues relevant to ICWUC members
- Effective public speaking skills
- Computer literacy is a plus
- Willingness to train on required software
- Experience with the UFCW or its affiliates is desirable
This position requires weekly travel to assignments and sometimes requires working over weekends and outside normal business hours. When not traveling, the position is remote.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé for consideration to ICWUC Council President Lance E. Heasley at the following email: email@example.com.