Location: Little Falls, NJ
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Vaccination Requirement: The UFCW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, consistent with applicable law.
The 1.3-million-member United Food Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW), a powerful voice for working men and women is seeking a Secretary to perform the clerical, secretarial, administrative and business detail for the Director and staff. This position is located in Little Falls, New Jersey. Applicants will be required to take skills tests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Types, prepares, reviews and submits staff expense vouchers and weekly written reports, opens and distributes mail, prepares outgoing mail and UPS material, prepares outgoing faxes and distributes incoming faxes.
- Composes correspondence, schedules appointments, arranges travel schedules, updates calendars and answers telephone calls and filing.
- Supervises the support staff by assigning duties and issuing instructions when needed to meet deadlines and expedite workflow. Examines letters as required for exactness, neatness, and adherence to policies and procedures. Assists in the orientation and training of new support staff in the office.
- Functions as administrator for office attendance records and leave balances, extended sick leave records and vacation requests. Performs time and attendance data entry. Forwards weekly attendance reports to the International.
- Coordinates administrative aspects of large meetings and seminars as required.
- Follows through on requests for financial assistance, which includes tracking local union Trustee
- Reports, LM2s, 990s, per capita payments and contacting local unions regarding said reports and composes related correspondence in a timely manner.
- Assists the Region Director in negotiating office lease and, if necessary, in locating office space. If relocation is necessary, handles all aspects of same.
- Orders office supplies, prepares office billings for payment and maintains records for office billings and accounts. Maintains yearly maintenance agreements on and keeps office equipment in working order.
- Maintains the region office conference room meeting schedule and region, local, and staff telephone lists.
- The Secretary to the Region Director may also share the duties of the Region Office Secretary, in times of absence.
- Protects region office operations by processing and maintaining sensitive and confidential communications including, but not limited to, personnel matters, labor relations matters, and financial matters.
- Progressive secretarial experience is required, preferably supporting a senior level position, and knowledge of the organization’s structure, policies, and procedures.
- Keyboarding skills 65 WPM desired.
- Ability use MS Word and Excel to create and properly finalize documents related to duties and responsibilities are required. Ability to accurately maintain databases is required. Must be willing to acquire new software skills.
- Must be able to direct, organize and prioritize the work of others.
- Must have ability to perform a wide range of administrative and general support duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work assignments with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Must have basic analytical skills.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply submit cover letter and resume: http://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/71362507.
Skills assessments with passing scores are required as part of our pre-employment process.
UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the state and federal laws