Location: Washington DC Headquarters
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Vaccination Requirement: The UFCW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, consistent with applicable law.
The 1.3-million-member United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW), a powerful voice for working men and women, is seeking a Receptionist (Bilingual) primarily responsible for receiving callers and visitors at the 7th floor reception area of the UFCW Building and directs callers and visitors to the appropriate destination to ensure effective and efficient reception area coverage while performing a variety of clerical duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Opens the telephone console daily, on time.
- Operates the telephone console to receive incoming calls and messages, directs callers to the proper destination, and records and distributes messages.
- Speaks, reads, and writes fluently in Spanish and English.
- Greets visitors, accepts certain types of deliveries from couriers and vendors, and notifies the proper parties.
- Presents an appropriate image by adhering to UFCW dress code policies.
- Sorts President’s Office and general mail addressed to UFCW.
- Maintains magazine subscriptions, including but not limited to, renewal, processing check request, keeping a log, maintaining database and routing the publications to appropriate offices and departments.
- Processes American Express (AMEX) check request for UFCW’s Library.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including, but not limited to, typing, preparing form letters, faxing, filing, sorting, recording, preparing mailings, and assisting with special projects from various departments.
- Assists with transfer of files to and from storage by emailing vendor per request.
- Regularly monitors the UFCW Employee Information Center to insure accuracy of related information.
- Maintains and distributes various listings assigned to OSS.
- Oversees and monitors additional electronic mailboxes-OSS, Ergonomics, etc.
- Performs weekly filing of OSS material.
- Payment of the UPS Invoice.
- Backup for ordering lounge supplies, etc.
- Backup of Kelly Press online store – reviewing and releasing job requests.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance requirements and work deadlines.
- Must develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, tenants and representatives of external organizations.
- Protects the International operations by maintaining the confidentiality of any information that may be of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Spanish language fluency is required.
- Input ability of 40 words per minute.
- Working knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel and basic database maintenance is desirable.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information to employees, visitors, and callers. Must be able to answer multiple telephone lines efficiently and courteously.
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with coworkers and the public.
- Must be able to understand and follow safety/security practices.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in carrying out detailed written or oral instructions or requests.
- Must demonstrate customer service skills.
- Attendance will be a determining consideration in all cases where two or more applicants have equal ability, qualifications and/or reliability.
- Work on occasion may be performed under stressful situations, with multiple details occurring simultaneously.
- The work is performed is in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position involves, but is not limited to, written and oral communications skills, use of computer keyboard, close vision, sitting for long periods, stooping, bending and reaching.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
How To Apply
To apply submit cover letter, resume and references to: http://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/67002507
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
We believe our success rests on recruiting and retaining a diverse staff. UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the state and federal laws.