Location: Washington DC Headquarters
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Vaccination Requirement: The UFCW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, consistent with applicable law.
The 1.3-million-member United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW), a powerful voice for working men and women, is seeking a General Office Clerk V to perform essential, diverse and back-up functions as assigned by the Director of Operational Support and Services. This position is responsible for various UFCW inventories. This position performs back-up coverage for certain functions in the Shipping, Printing and Receiving Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the inventories of UFCW apparel and logo items, printed material, project and campaign items. Performs physical count of items and merchandise; maintains appropriate stock quantities; handles in-house sales of merchandise to employees; updates and generates appropriate inventory reporting documents; monitors inventories through the reconciliation of purchases and sales; and resolves discrepancies related to inventories. Oversees the acquisition for the purchase of new logo items, including preparing bid requests for designated vendors, submitting purchase orders as appropriate and maintaining contact with requesting employee/department and vendor throughout the production process. Assists vendors in distributing merchandise invoices to appropriate departments and local unions monthly.
- Assists in the Shipping, Printing and Receiving Office in the absence of the Office Services Assistant or during times when the office has high work volumes. The duties related to Shipping, Printing and Receiving Office will include assisting with the distribution of incoming mail, the processing of outgoing mail, the completion of printing jobs, the filling of supply orders, covering the office during breaks/lunch and accommodating other service requests related to supplies or equipment which that office handles.
- Acts as the point of contact for UPS and USPS accounts, including filing claims, setting up and assisting new users, monitoring flow of shipments, resolving issues and maintaining contact with account representatives.
- Assists staff with the packing and shipping of items for general mailing as well as out-of-office conferences and meetings.
- Orders business cards for all newly hired UFCW employees and employees’ whose names, titles or assigned departments have changed.
- Assists with the maintenance of UFCW’s copiers and acts as the primary point of contact for vendors and UFCW employees for all copier-related issues, including identifying and resolving technical and network issues, ordering of supplies, assisting with service calls, providing guidance on operating procedures and processing lease and copier supplies payments.
- Assumes lead role in performing ergonomic evaluations and setting up ergonomic accommodations for UFCW employees, including scheduling and performing ergonomic evaluations, preparing evaluation reports and assisting with the completion of recommended workstation changes.
- Provides back up for the printing of envelopes on demand for the Secretary-Treasurer’s and Benefits Offices.
- Assists and provides guidance to on-line users when ordering UFCW printed items and logo products; answers written and verbal communications related to items, manages user setup and removal and provides support throughout the ordering process. Also, processes payments to vendors for the online store and for printed items and logo products ordered.
- Retrieves, reviews, releases or forwards orders for UFCW printed material. Coordinates with office staff and the vendor to maintain a sufficient stock of UFCW printed material and to update document content as necessary.
- Performs administrative duties related to check requests, deposits, answering telephones, maintaining files, formatting letters and assisting guests and visitors as needed.
- Acts as the third back-up to the reception area.
- Maintains daily contact with his/her home department and communicates with his/her director throughout all back-up assignments.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance requirements and work deadlines.
- Must develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, tenants and representatives of external organizations.
- Protects the International operations by maintaining the confidentiality of any information that may be of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Two years of related experience is required. Knowledge of the organization’s structure, policies and procedures is preferred, but not required.
- Keyboarding of 40 words per minute. Ability to use MS Word and Excel. File management.
- Ability to navigate basic vendor websites and applications, including the ability to place orders and update customer account information is necessary.
- Ability to absorb and retain technical knowledge in numerous applications. Ability to compose basic correspondence. Must be able to articulate rules, policies and procedures. Must be able to answer multiple telephone lines efficiently and courteously. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and know how to prioritize and multitask.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be eager to broaden knowledge of organizational processes and procedures, as well as skill level in relevant software packages.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
How To Apply
To apply submit cover letter, resume and references to: http://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/67684614
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
We believe our success rests on recruiting and retaining a diverse staff. UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the state and federal laws.