Location: Washington, D.C.
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
UFCW is seeking a Benefits Assistant to assist the UFCW Benefits Office with clerical and administrative functions for the UFCW Pension Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews all monthly participant contribution reports (MPRs) submitted electronically by local unions to the Pension Plan. Assures accuracy and confirms corresponding wire receipts before processing.
- Generates and processes monthly participant contribution reports (MPRs) submitted to the Pension Plan on paper.
- Processes monthly participant contribution reports (MPRs) for the International.
- Reviews employer contribution reports for local union affiliated funds submitted electronically; verifies participants and salaries against monthly participant reports. Assures accuracy and confirms corresponding wire receipts before processing.
- Sends delinquencies notice; investigates and resolves discrepancies on MPRs and employer contribution reports.
- Creates and maintains individual participant histories for the Pension Plan.
- Prepares and distributes annual pension participation reports.
- Assists in preparation and distribution of the annual ECC reports.
- Calculates previous service payments for Pension Plan and produces correspondence to participants advising of Previous Service Purchase rights.
- Notifies participants of right to self-pay contributions during Leave of Absence.
- Requests electronic void/stop payment check file and pension register from Comerica monthly. Edits file to include tax information and forwards to IT and Accounting Department for system updates.
- Makes necessary adjustments to participant records due to the purchase of prior service.
- Assists pension staff with the processing of final benefit calculations.
- Notifies appropriate staff of participant terminations, address changes and code changes.
- Regular telephone contact with local unions including individuals in high levels of responsibility usually to exchange information.
- Maintains Canadian Pension Plan Participant files and processes monthly contribution file.
- Advises NYL of deceased retirees.
- Assists in mass mailings.
- Three years of related experience in pension contribution processing. This position requires evidence, based on past performance, that the individual can accurately enter a high volume of data and work as a self-starter with little direct supervision but must be able to work with others to complete assignments and projects.
- Working knowledge of word processing software applications. Experience in or aptitude for working in a database systems environment. Working knowledge of spreadsheet applications is desired.
- Typing speed of 45 words per minute.
- Ability to comprehend rules, policies and procedures, and the ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping data strictly confidential, including, but not limited to, the privacy provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
How To Apply
To apply submit cover letter and resume: http://www.dcjobs.com/j/57637121
**Skills assessments with passing scores are required as part of our pre-employment process.**
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).