Location: Washington DC Headquarters
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
The Accounting Clerk I – responsible for executing accounting clerical duties that include processing and entering per capita and other receipts, data entry, filing and routine reconciliation and analyses for the Accounting Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes per capita payments received via lockbox, EFT, ACH or wire transfer. Enters payments in the accounting system, Microsoft SL.
- Enters ABC checks and memos in Microsoft SL.
- Verifies fund requests for ABC transfers.
- Enters daily receipts and receipt memos for various bank accounts (excluding The U.S. & Canadian Unappropriated General Funds, Pension, 401K, and Sick Benefit funds).
- Compiles and emails monthly per capita invoices, statements of account, supplemental billings, and loan statements to local unions and councils.
- Provides monthly delinquency report to the Secretary-Treasurer.
- Prints monthly per capita delinquency letters, secures postage, delivers to post office for mailing.
- Prepares bank deposits using remote scanner. Generates daily deposit report and scans daily deposit report into SharePoint.
- Assists with destroying monthly deposit reports and checks after month closing.
- Scans receipt records as needed to maintain all current receipt records electronically.
- Maintains electronic files for per capita, and miscellaneous receipts daily in compliance with the UFCW Official Records Retention Schedule and Accounting Department standards. Retrieves files for auditors and staff, as needed.
- Verifies and prepares monthly transfer of 4% pension transfer of funds contributions.
- Create, maintain, or purge confidential UFCW records and financial information, which includes per capita receipts, miscellaneous receipts, and other records in the accounting department file room.
- Provides back-up for group members as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of UFCW records and financial information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of two years of bookkeeping or accounting experience required. Familiarity with Microsoft SL or similar complex accounting system.
- Experience in using spreadsheet software.
- Input ability of 25 words per minute.
- Ability to navigate through database systems.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and mathematical ability.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive UFCW records and financial information.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
How To Apply
To apply submit cover letter and resume: http://www.dcjobs.com/j/61465521
*Skills assessments with passing scores are required as part of our pre-employment process.*
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
UFCW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply. UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).