Location: Washington DC, near Metro (on-site)
Duration: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
Vaccination Requirement: The UFCW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, consistent with applicable law.
The Account Coordinator is primarily responsible for processing the ABC lockbox, overseeing and processing per capita (PC) receipts and related membership adjustments for the RWDSU local unions, calculating the AFL-CIO per capita tax and the Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) affiliation dues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes and records ABC lockbox receipts through Cision software and transfers them to the Solomon accounting software. Processes local union per capita billing adjustments. Enters RWDSU per capita payments and member adjustments into appropriate database. Maintains District Council per capita billing records.
- Enters various miscellaneous charges and credits for per capita invoices including per capita incentive subsidies, associate member billings, Beck dues rebates, fee waivers and other billing adjustments.
- Reviews per capita invoices for accuracy prior to mailings.
- Answers inquiries related to PC billing and adjustments and analyzes outstanding balances on locals’ PC accounts; completes audit confirmations.
- Assists with monthly per capita billing.
- Prepares monthly per capita invoice distribution reconciliation.
- Prepares quarterly membership report of the Textile/Garment workers.
- Reviews and updates, as needed, organizing subsidies for local unions in collaboration with the Organizing Department.
- Prepares and processes AFL-CIO and CLC monthly affiliation fee payments.
- Provides backup to the A/R Clerks, including remote per capita and miscellaneous receipt processing, receipt posting functions and remote deposits as needed, or in their absence.
- Processes monthly council transfer and interfund payments through PN3.
- Prepares various bank reconciliations and reconciles various other accounts.
- Maintains membership and affiliation records on SharePoint.
- Creates and maintains a desk manual.
- Maintains confidentiality of UFCW records and financial information.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, at the UFCW’s discretion. UFCW employees function as a team and, occasionally, and on a temporary basis, employees may be required to perform tasks usually performed by others. This might occur if a team member is absent or unavailable to complete a project and the team is responsible for the deadline. Because employees are required to work as a team, you are required to step up and fill in for a team member who is absent or needs assistance from time to time.
Education and/or Experience
Three to four years formal college-level Accounting and Business courses or equivalent progressive accounting or related experience required. Experience using the UFCW Financial Management System & Microsoft SL to process billings, make adjustments, and prepare reports in a deadline oriented and confidential environment. Spreadsheet experience is required. PN3 experience is preferred.
Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive UFCW records and financial information.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and SharePoint. Accuracy entering data, particularly numeric data, into a computer system.
Good writing skills. Excellent interpersonal and listening skills to handle inquiries from Local Union, Region, and Council offices. Ability to comprehend rules, policies, and procedures, and the ability to communicate effectively.
Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to reconcile accounts.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The work atmosphere is fast-paced and deadline oriented.
The work is performed in a normal office environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
The position involves, but is not limited to, written and oral communications skills, use of computer keyboard, close vision, sitting for long periods, stooping, bending and reaching.
The UFCW provides a very generous benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage.
- Life insurance provided with ability to purchase supplemental life insurance at favorable rates.
- Retirement Savings Account.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Pension plan.
- Dependent care reimbursement account program.
- Health care reimbursement account program.
- Transportation program benefits.
- Three weeks of paid vacation, 12 days of paid short-term sick leave, Extended Sick Leave program, paid parental leave.
- Prepaid Legal Plan (for DC/MD/VA only).
To apply submit cover letter, resume to: Account Coordinator A/R – Job at UFCW in Washington, DC (localjobnetwork.com)
We believe our success rests on recruiting and retaining a diverse staff. UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to applicable state and federal laws.