April 13, 2017
We know better than anyone how hard UFCW members work to put food on the table for America’s families – and our union family also believes that no hardworking man or woman should struggle alone. Which is why we work hard for those in need, supporting our brothers and sisters at the National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC) in their “Stamp Out Hunger” food drive.
This year is the 25th anniversary of the food drive, and we want to make this a year for the history books. We hope to top last year’s Guinness World Record—80 million pounds of food collected for the largest single day food drive in world history. Together, we know we can do it, one bag at a time.
- FILL A BAG with non-perishable food items. (See list below.)
- TAKE A PIC AND POST IT! Please Tweet it or put it on Facebook with the hashtag #StampOutHunger – and please tag @UFCW and @NALC.
- PUT OUT YOUR BAG on May 13th before your letter carrier’s normal pick-up time.
That’s it! It’s so easy – please help us Stamp Out Hunger and put food on shelves in our local food banks.
What to Put in Your Bag
Fill your UFCW-provided Stamp Out Hunger paper bag with*:
- Pasta or spaghetti sauce
- Canned fruits and veggies
- Canned meals (soup, chili, pasta)
- 100% juice
- Peanut butter
- Macaroni and cheese
- Canned protein (chicken, tuna, turkey)
*NOTE: DO NOT put in frozen food, homemade food, expired food, or home canned items – or anything in glass containers.