Sign the petition today!
Former Vice President Joe Biden Will Join Rally in Support of Stop & Shop Workers
31,000 UFCW Stop & Shop workers walked off their jobs on April 11 to protest the company’s proposed cuts to health care, take home pay, and customer service as well as unlawful conduct by the company during negotiations. Join former Vice President Joe Biden, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh (invited), UFCW Locals 328, 371, 919, 1445, and 1459 at a rally in support of these workers and their fight for a better life.
Thursday, April 18 at 2pm
Stop & Shop at South Bay Center, 1100 Massachusetts Ave, Dorchester, MA 02125
To attend, sign the petition below or text “RSVP” to 698329.
Every day, all across New England, the employees of Stop & Shop work hard to serve our customers and provide for our families.
Thank you for supporting better jobs and grocery stores across New England
Why We're Striking
- Reduce holiday + Sunday pay for part-timers
- Bonus instead of wage increases
- Unlawfully withhold info from the union in bargaining
- Reduce number of sick days for new hires
- Raise healthcare premiums by up to 90%
- Decrease take-home pay
- Reduce pension benefit by up to 72%
- Exclude 1,000 spouses from healthcare
- Decrease customer service with self-serve tech
- Reduce sick days and holidays for new employees
- Double out-of-pocket healthcare for many employees