875 E. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Roundy’s is a regional supermarket company in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois.
Store Count and Banners
Roundy’s operates stores under the following five banners: Pick ’n Save, Copps, Rainbow Foods, Metro Market, and Mariano’s Fresh Market. (Source: Roundy’s Website, http://www.roundys.com/Home.gsn).
The stores counts are as follows:
- 94 stores under the Pick ’n Save banner in Wisconsin. (Source: Pick ’n Save Website, http://www.picknsave.com/StoreLocator.aspx)
- 26 stores under the Copps banner in Wisconsin. (Source: Copps Website, http://www.copps.com/StoreLocator.aspx)
- 36 stores under the Rainbow Foods banner in Minnesota. (Source: Rainbow Website, http://www.rainbowfoods.com/StoreLocator.aspx)
- 3 stores under the Metro Market banner in the Milwaukee metropolitan area in Wisconsin. (Source: Metro market Website, http://www.metromarket.net/StoreLocator.aspx?hold=true)
- A single store under the Mariano’s Fresh Market banner in the Chicago metropolitan area in Illinois. (Source: Mariano’s Fresh Market Website, http://www.marianosfreshmarket.com/StoreLocator.aspx?hold=true)
The total store count for the company is 160.
- Roundy’s is owned by private equity firm Willis Stein and Partners. (Source: Willis Stein Website, http://www.willisstein.com/tem_respro.aspx?men=4&smen=1&ssmen=)
- Willis Stein is rumored to be attempting to sell Roundy’s, and has hired Moelis & Co. and Credit Suisse as investment bankers to assist in the deal. Industry observers are speculating that Kroger, Safeway, or Schnuck are potential buyers. (Source: “Roundy’s Supermarkets for Sale,” Supermarket News, 3/22/2011)
- Roundy’s has an estimated 18,000 employees. (Source: Hoover’s Company Records for Roundy’s, 5/31/2011, downloaded from Lexis-Nexis.)
- The UFCW represents almost 8,700 Roundy’s workers. (Source: UFCW Contract Directory)
Roundy’s is the 36th largest food retailer by sales in the U.S. and Canada, with estimated 2010 revenues of $3.8 billion. (Source: Supermarket News, SN Top 75, 2011)