Although grocery stores have been trying to convince us it’s been fall for weeks now, today marks the official start of fall, or the Autumnal Equinox.
You may have noticed that there’s been a craze for Pumpkin Spice this, and pumpkin-flavored that in stores everywhere–with new pumpkin and fall-flavored or scented products popping up left and right.
Why not embrace the trend by finding union-made stuff? Below, we’ve provided a fun fall list of ideas to help satisfy your pumpkin product cravings:
-Use Food Club canned pumpkin (UFCW product) or buy Kroger brand pumpkin puree from UFCW members at Kroger for all your fall baking needs!
-Bake a union-made pumpkin recipe, like Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of Horizon or President Choice cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of Domino Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kroger or other union lable vanilla extract
- 2 union-label eggs, like Horizon
- 9 in. prepared graham cracker crust from union-label grocery store
- 1/2 cup Kroger brand pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Giant brand or other union-label frozen whipped topping, thawed
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
1) In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
2) Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
3) Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.