Recently we asked UFCW member on our rapid response team why they support the Active Ballot Club (ABC), UFCW’s political action committee. We got some great answers back! Below are some highlights. If you want to join the UFCW rapid response team and be part of the next poll, sign up to receive text messages by clicking here. Your feedback could be the next to be featured on the UFCW blog.
Here’s what UFCW members had to say when we asked them why they support ABC
- I want to fully support those in office who fully support me and my rights as a union member and American worker. - Tennessee
- Because it matters!!! - Scott
- United we stand…. - Kentucky, Local 227
- Because I believe in working class power! - Jen
- To help protect my job. - Scott Adkins, New Carlisle, Ohio, Local 75
- Because I refuse to believe that the future of america just belongs to the super wealthy. - William Keedle, Chico, California, Local 876
- To keep my job secure for my family. - Illinois
- I support it for the pro worker candidates and to fulfill their goal and aspirations. - Elizabeth Jackson, Detroit, Michigan, Local 876
- Because i believe strongly for unions and i want to help my union in any way i can. i try to get people to sign up for abc so we can have more support. - Local 431
- ABC is the only voice we have in politics! - Anonymous
The Active Ballot Club (ABC), the UFCW’s political action committee, leads the charge to elect pro-worker candidates–so we don’t end up with anti-worker politicians making decisions that affect our future. PACs work by raising voluntary money from people who are either members of, employed by, or working for a particular organization–like the UFCW. ABC supports pro-worker candidates and incumbents–Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. It is the only political action committee that is dedicated to advocating for and protecting the interests of UFCW members.
If you are a UFCW member and would like to contribute to ABC, click here to help the UFCW fight for working families.